(Blood Oxygen Binding System)
- Identify oxygen binding in hemoglobin or your pigments of interest!
- P50 values and Hill coefficients compare to published values for mammalian/fish/invertebrate blood.
- Collect full spectrum (UV-VIS) sample absorbance and get more information than with any other method.
- Identify absorbance peaks that best define the oxygenation and deoxygenation events.
- Isosbestic point for reference.
- Patent # WO2015000453 A3 from The Alfred Wegener Institute. Licensed exclusively to Loligo® Systems.
- Reference: Oellermann, Pörtner & Mark (2014). Simultaneous high-resolution pH and spectrophotometric recordings of oxygen binding in blood microvolumes. J. Exp. Biol. (DOI:10.1242/jeb.092726)
Use this patented BOBS™ instrument for determining P50 values and Hill coefficients for oxygen binding in hemoglobin and other pigments. Samples as small as 1.5 µL are placed in a modified diffusion chamber, in which pigment saturation is continuously monitored over a wide range of wavelengths (190-885 nm) resulting in highly reproducible oxygen binding curves. Digital Peltier temperature controllers and a gas humidification system allows for measurements over a wide range of sample temperatures from 10-45° C while avoiding sample desiccation. User-friendly Windows software for fully automated data collection and analysis minimizes time-consumption and enable the user to run multiple samples per hour.
This is product data for the selected system:
|Sample volume||1,5 - 10 µL|
|Dimensions||214 x 400 x 246 mm|
|Gas connector type||6 mm push-in|
|Maximum input pressure||1 bar|
|Communication interface||USB 2.0|
|Operating temperature||15 to 25 °C ( 59 to 77 °F )|
|Warm-up time||30 min|
|Wavelength||200 - 850 nm|
|Voltage||100-240 VAC / 50-60 Hz|
These products are included in the system:
These products are optional for the selected system:
These files can help you with the selected system: