Add-on swimming respirometry system
Customs tariff #
More info coming soon.
This add-on swimming respirometry system adds an additional swim tunnel and everything needed for automated measurements of oxygen consumption rates and control of water velocity to your core swimming respirometry system.
This is product data for the selected system:
These products are included in the system:
- Glass materials for minimum O2 uptake/release
- Anti-corrosive materials for minimum maintenance
- Tool free assembly for easy cleaning and servicing
- Optional replacement glass tubes for shorter/longer working section
- Strong brushless DC motor for high speeds and long life-time
- Control box for manual or automated speed control
- Re-usable strong cardboard crate for transportation
- Ports and fittings for various oxygen sensors
- Water bath and external motor for exact temperature control
Loligo® swim tunnels have been developed for measuring the physiology, energetics, behavior, biomechanics and kinematics of swimming fish, through years of research and laboratory use. Applications also include studies of fluids, visualization of flow around objects, hydraulics, and public display of aquatic wildlife. The unique and compact design allows enough space for "free" swimming and an adequate volume for reliable oxygen consumption measurements.
- Real-time compensation for temperature, salinity and barometric pressure
- Measure oxygen in: % air saturation, % oxygen saturation, kPa, Torr, mg/L, mmol or ml/L.
- Unbeaten precision and stability with mini optodes
- Measure oxygen in both liquid and gas phase
- No oxygen consumption by sensor
- Immune to electrical and magnetic interference
- Oxygen sensing based on luminescence lifetime detection
- Wide variety of mini sensors available
- Excellent long-term stability
- Multiple instruments systems - use up to 7 instruments with a single PC
- Minimum footprint
Witrox 1 is a single-channel oxygen instrument for use with fiber optic mini sensors (optodes). It has a build-in Bluetooth transmitter for wireless PC communication, and includes a high accuracy temperature sensor and software for unbeaten compensation of oxygen data to changes in temperature, salinity or barometric pressure in real-time.
We developed Witrox 1 for the most challenging environments and applications. The wireless Bluetooth 2.0 communication allows you to keep that vulnerable PC/Notebook at a distance avoiding hazards like water or blood. Also problems associated with USB and serial communication are avoided, and the rugged compact design offers excellent protection and take up minimum bench space.
The instrument comes with easy-to-use software for Windows, and a 4-wire Pt1000 temperature sensor (Class B 1/3 DIN) with +/- 0.15 °C accuracy for 5-digits real-time compensation of oxygen data.
A PC computer with Bluetooth 2.0 or higher (build-in or dongle) is required for operation.
How does it work?
The instrument LEDs emit blue-green light that excites the oxygen mini sensor (optode) to emit fluorescence. If the oxygen sensitive dye encounters an oxygen molecule, the excess energy is transferred to the oxygen molecule in a non-radiative transfer, decreasing or quenching the fluorescence signal. The degree of quenching correlates to the partial pressure of oxygen inside the dye matrix, which is in dynamic equilibrium with oxygen in the sample. The decay time measurement is internally referenced.
For more details, and a diagram on this measurement principle, go to our FAQ.
Included with the Witrox 1
Use this industrial grade 4-fold power strip for software-driven control and monitoring of equipment via LAN/Ethernet or Bluetooth.
Connect pumps, solenoid valves, or stirrers to one of four independent electrical sockets switching at zero current (ZCS), e.g., for automated respirometry, water quality regulation, shuttle box experiments etc.
Electrical parameters like input voltage and power consumption (in Amps) for each relay, can be monitored and logged in Loligo® software for diagnostics of connected appliances.
- Easy to handle
- Usable for process application
- Limit of detection: 0.15 % air-saturation, 15 ppb dissolved oxygen
- Measuring range: 0 - 100 % oxygen, 0 - 45 mg/L
- Very robust sensor with excellent long-term stability
- Sterilizable by H2O2, ethanol, gamma irradiation, EtO2
- No self-consumption of oxygen
- Signal independent on flow velocity
- Insensible towards electrical interference and magnetic fields
- Dry gases applicable
- Robust sensor body
This dipping probe oxygen mini sensor, consists of a polymer optical fiber (POF) with a polished distal tip which is coated with a planar oxygen-sensitive foil. The end of the polymer optical fiber is covered with a high-grade steel tube, to protect both the sensor material and the POF. The cable has an outer diameter of 2.8 mm. The inner diameter of the POF is 2.0 mm. The steel tube has an outer diameter of 4 mm. Usually, the fiber is coated with an optical isolated sensor material in order to exclude ambient light from the fiber tip and to increase chemical resistance especially against oily samples as well as to reduce bio-fouling on the sensor membrane. This type of oxygen sensor has an excellent long-term stability.
The DAQ-BT instrument is used for wireless data acquisition and automated control of Loligo® swim tunnels in combination with AutoResp™ software. The wireless Bluetooth 2.1 communication means that the PC can be placed at a distance from the swim tunnel without data cables that can pick up noise in a lab environment.
Apart from the inputs and outputs needed for controlling the swim tunnel motor (RPM) and acquiring data from it, the DAQ-BT instrument has extra channels for analog data acquisition and TLL control of other devices.
This accessory set for our DAQ and REG instruments, is used for control of water temperature by passing water through a steel coil and back via the tubing, in order to heat or chill the water.
These products are optional for the selected system:
These files can help you with the selected system: