360° swim tunnel
- Dry compartment for video equipment and/or sensors
- Viewing/Filming from all sides: Both sides, from above, and from underneath
- Control box for manual or automated speed control of water velocity
- Ports for oxygen and temperature probes and intermittent respirometry
- Anti-corrosive materials for minimum maintenance
- Tool free assembly for easy cleaning and servicing
- Double-lid for easy access to test section
- Adjustable vanes and collimators for modifying flow profile
- Re-usable wooden crate for transportation
- Water bath and external motor for temperature control
This 360º swim tunnel is a specialized version of a standard Loligo® swim tunnel. A wider middle section houses a dry compartment for a camera to film swimming animals from inside the test section through a thin acrylic wall. This means that the swimming animal can be viewed and filmed from all four angles: left, right, from above, and from underneath, and all through single acrylic walls for optimum optical quality.
Hence, we named this baby the 360º swim tunnel!
The compact design and small volume still allow for respirometric methods. Applications include physiology, behavior, bioenergetics, biomechanics or kinematic measurements.
This is product data for the selected system:
|Test section||48 x 14 x 14 cm|
|Fish size||250 - 500 g|
|Velocity||5 - 175 cm/s|
|Foot print||181 x 74 cm|
|Power||230 V / 50 Hz|
These products are included in the system:
German-made submersible Eheim pump (centrifugal) for use in sea and fresh water.
These products are optional for the selected system:
These files can help you with the selected system: