Treadmill swim tunnel
- Motorized belt with independent touch screen speed controller
- Transparent belt and acrylic wall/lid for optimum imaging
- Manual or automated water velocity control of motor driving propeller
- Anti-corrosive materials for minimum maintenance even with seawater
- Tool free assembly for easy cleaning and servicing
- Double-lid for easy access to test section
- Adjustable vanes and collimators for modifying flow profile
- Re-usable wooden crate for transportation
- Ports for oxygen and temperature probes and intermittent respirometry
- Water bath and external motors for temperature control
The treadmill swim tunnel is a specialized version of a standard Loligo® swim tunnel. The floor of the test section is a motorized belt, and speed can be controlled independent of the water velocity, so that you can force-exercise flatfish, rays, crustaceans or other benthic animals that walk rather than swim.
The moving belt is made from a transparent food-grade rubber material (TPE) enabling video filming from below, and filming can be done through the planar acrylic lid and outer sidewall too.
The compact design and small volume still allow for respirometric methods.
Applications include physiology, behavior, bioenergetics, biomechanics or kinematic measurements on walking fish/inverts.
This is product data for the selected system:
|Water bath||1045 x 491 x 250 (L x W x H, inner)|
|Test section||23 x 14 x 14 cm|
|Fish size||150 - 400 g|
|Velocity||5 - 175 cm/s|
|Foot print||147 x 54 cm|
|Power||230 V / 50 Hz|
These products are included in the system:
German-made submersible Eheim pump (centrifugal) for use in sea and fresh water.
These products are optional for the selected system:
These files can help you with the selected system: