Witrox 4 oxygen meter for mini sensors
- Real-time compensation for temperature, salinity and barometric pressure
- Measure oxygen in: % air saturation, % oxygen saturation, kPa, Torr, mg/L, mmol or ml/L.
- Unbeaten precision and stability with mini optodes
- Measure oxygen in both liquid and gas phase
- No oxygen consumption by sensor
- Immune to electrical and magnetic interference
- Oxygen sensing based on luminescence lifetime detection
- Wide variety of mini sensors available
- Excellent long-term stability
- Multiple instruments systems - use up to 7 instruments with a single PC
- Minimum footprint
Witrox 4 is a four-channel oxygen instrument for use with fiber optic mini sensors (optodes). It has a build-in Bluetooth transmitter for wireless PC communication, and includes a high accuracy temperature sensor and software for compensation of oxygen data to changes in temperature, salinity or barometric pressure in real-time.
We developed Witrox 4 for the most challenging environments and applications. The wireless Bluetooth 2.0 communication allows you to keep that vulnerable PC/Notebook at a distance avoiding hazards like water or blood. Also problems associated with USB and serial communication are avoided, and the rugged compact design offers excellent protection and take up minimum bench space.
The instrument comes with easy-to-use software for Windows, and a 4-wire Pt1000 temperature sensor (Class B 1/3 DIN) with +/- 0.15 °C accuracy for 5-digits real-time compensation of oxygen data.
A PC computer with Bluetooth 2.0 or higher (build-in or dongle) is required for operation.
How does it work?
The instrument LEDs emit blue-green light that excites the oxygen mini sensor (optode) to emit fluorescence. If the oxygen sensitive dye encounters an oxygen molecule, the excess energy is transferred to the oxygen molecule in a non-radiative transfer, decreasing or quenching the fluorescence signal. The degree of quenching correlates to the partial pressure of oxygen inside the dye matrix, which is in dynamic equilibrium with oxygen in the sample. The decay time measurement is internally referenced.
For more details and a diagram on this measurement principle go to our FAQ.
Included with the Witrox 4
- Witrox 4 oxygen instrument
- Temperature probe for Witrox
- USB power cable and wall adapter
- USB dongle with latest version of WitroxView
- Protective hardcase
This is product data for the selected system:
|Power adapter||100 - 240 VAC 50 / 60 Hz in|
|Power adapter||5 VDC out|
|Communication interface||Bluetooth 2.0|
|Dimensions||190 x 135 x 60 mm|
|Oxygen unit||% oxygen saturation, % air saturation, kPa, Torr, mg/L, mmol or mL/L|
|Measurement range||0 - 475 % air saturation|
|Resolution||+/- 0.475 % air saturation|
|Precision||+/- 0.5 % air saturation|
|Drift||< 0.15% air saturation within 30 days (sample interval 1 min)|
|Response Time||< 30 sec|
These products are included in the system:
Replacement temperature probe for Witrox 1 and Witrox 4 instruments with a 5 m long shielded cable. The Pt1000 sensor has a tolerance of 1/3 of Class B sensor giving a very high accuracy of +/- 0.15°C.
These products are optional for the selected system:
These files can help you with the selected system: