LoliTrack 5 is a super fast and intuitive Windows software for 2D and 3D video tracking and behavior analysis of multiple and focal animals based on contrast or background subtraction, i.e., no markers are needed. This major upgraded version features many improvements and additions as well as a much better and faster tracking performance on regular PCs.
LoliTrack 5 works with most cameras and video file formats and can track organisms of any shape or size in one or multiple arenas. The program includes a video recording and editing tool, graphs, heat maps, and can export video or image files with data overlay or Excel data files with user-defined output.
A unique feature is that LoliTrack 5 can track numerous animals inside a single arena – even if the objects have the same (or different) shape, color and size. It can handle occlusions (e.g., collisions or crossing paths), and applications where animals can hide or move out of view. Any tracking errors are easily identified and corrected, if required. The user can pick out individual animals for tracking and analysis rather than having to track all of them. User-defined time intervals can be omitted or included for tracking.
With two cameras or files (stereo-technique) this software offers true 3D video tracking of focal animals in air or in water taking into account the air-to-water light transmission. Digital 3D models of trajectories can be exported in different formats for further visualizing or analysis in other software packages.
Other applications include tracking organisms in 24-, 48- or 96-well microtiter plates for fast screening of activity levels or locomotion (e.g., for toxicological or biomedical assays). User-defined treatments can be added to aid statistical analysis.
LoliTrack 5 can identify specific body points (tail, head, midline center, center of gravity) and track these for studying kinematics (tail beat frequency, body oscillations, etc.) or specific behaviors (direction of orientation or movement, turning rate etc.).
Any number of user-defined zones of interest can be applied, in order to score behavior in and out of these in an automated way.
A free demo version of the software allows you to test if LoliTrack 5 will work for your application and with your own videos. Alternatively, we offer free analysis and advice if you send us a video clip as we want to make sure that the software works for your application too!
For video tracking example files, click here. For LoliTrack 5 FAQ, click here.
- X,Y coordinates for front, back, center of midline, and center of gravity
- Distance moved
- Speed and Velocity
- Direction of movement
- Direction of orientation
- Bend (i.e., angle of body for oscillations like tail beat frequency etc.)
- Turning rate of movement or orientation
- Active/Inactive time and %
- Time and % of time spent in zones
- Distance from animal(s) to center of zone(s)
- Inter-Individual Distance (IID)
- Distance to center of zone
All the parameters can be calculated for individual animals, for groups of animals (treatments) or for each user-defined zone (e.g., time spent).
LoliTrack v5 Upgrade
We offer this product to LoliTrack 1-4 license holders only.
This major upgraded version features many improvements over previous versions of LoliTrack – most importantly:
- 3D tracking
- Real-time tracking with most camera types
- Video recording and editing
- User-defined time intervals for tracking and analysis
- Multiple body points tracking
- Bending tool for body oscillation tracking
- Tool for easy finding and correcting tracking errors
- Heat maps
- Tracking in 24-, 48-, or 96-well microplates
- Nearest neighbor distances (NND)
For a full description of LoliTrack 5, go here.
- Record video, log data, and regulate water parameters in up to three tanks at a time
- Improved video tracking similar to LoliTrack 5
- Track multiple objects in a single tank
- Analyze videos offline of shuttle box experiments whenever you want
- Easily set up masks, zones and filter out objects. Change settings during an experiment
- Comprehensive live and offline data analysis functionality directly in ShuttleSoft 3
- Batch import and analyze data across multiple experiments
- Export data as Excel file for further analysis
- Export recorded video of experiment with or without overlays
- Create or import protocols for water quality regulation
ShuttleSoft 3 is fast and user-friendly real-time video tracking and analysis software for Windows 11/10. It is used with our aquatic shuttle box systems for automated preference/avoidance tests in fish or inverts. The software communicates seamlessly with required hardware for video recording, water parameter sensing, and pump control for water parameter regulation.
This major upgraded version features many improvements and additions as well as a much better and faster tracking performance on regular PCs. ShuttleSoft 3 can now record video, log data, and regulate water parameters in up to three shuttle tanks at a time – all from a single PC. And with the possibility of tracking multiple objects, you can now reduce your time spent on shuttle box experiments considerably.
You can track multiple objects simultaneously in up to three tanks. ShuttleSoft 3 can even distinguish objects of same (or different) shape, color, and size, and it can handle occlusions, e.g., collisions or crossing paths. ShuttleSoft 3 works with most video cameras and file formats, and it includes a video recording tool so that you can replay each experiment offline. Videos can be exported as .avi files with or without data overlay.
Exported videos can be analyzed separately from live experiments. This offline feature applies to static shuttle box experiments, and means that you can video record your experiment, and then analyze the video whenever you have time.
ShuttleSoft 3 also boasts an in-depth data analysis dashboard. You can view live data and statistics during live experiments or analyze one or multiple experiments offline. Besides data parameter calculations and statistics, each data parameter is also shown in a customizable graph that can be exported individually. Additionally, you can export all data or a selection hereof as an Excel file for further analysis.
- Distance moved
- Number of passages
- Time and % of time spent in zones
- Preference values for Custom values
- Avoidance and preference values for object’s core temperature
- Maximum and minimum levels of oxygen, temperature, salinity, or pH/CO2
- Avoidance and preference values for oxygen, temperature, salinity, or pH/CO2
Zones, e.g., high zone and low zone, masks, and filter settings are easily created, and can be changed during an experiment to account for changes, e.g., in the ambient light level.
ShuttleSoft 3 is compatible with the following instruments: Witrox 1 and 4, WTW instruments, and PowerX4.
- Free demo. We have a free demo of ShuttleSoft 3 available for you to see if the software works for your application. Alternatively, you can ask us for advice.
- Quick guide. Read our Quick guide for ShuttleSoft 3 to get started using the software.
- FAQ. Visit our online FAQ for more information and help with ShuttleSoft 3.
ShuttleSoft v3 Upgrade
We offer this product to ShuttleSoft 1-2 license holders only.
This major upgraded version features many improvements over previous versions of ShuttleSoft – most importantly:
Record video, log data, and regulate water parameters in up to three tanks at a time
Improved video tracking similar to LoliTrack 5
Track multiple objects in a single tank
Analyze videos offline of shuttle box experiments whenever you want
Easily set up masks, zones and filter out objects. Change settings during an experiment
Comprehensive live and offline data analysis functionality directly in ShuttleSoft 3
Batch import and analyze data across multiple experiments
Export data as Excel file for further analysis
Export recorded video of experiment with or without overlays
Create or import protocols for water quality regulation
For a full description of ShuttleSoft 3, go here.